building a capsule wardrobe

Source: Style.com Sea Spring 2015

It's officially Spring and this season is a time of... well, Spring cleaning. I decided to clear out my wardrobe to de-clutter my living space when I stumbled across several blog posts talking about a 33/37 piece capsule wardrobe. I figured, I have way too many pieces and I want to cut down. Thus begins my new journey into the 'less is more' lifestyle.

I basically organised my clothes into 2 piles, the first being clothes that I never/hardly wear, and the second being clothes that I wear at least once or twice a week. Then I packed the first pile into some bags and kept them in storage. Now, what to do with the second pile? That's still a lot of clothes.

I drew up a mood board on pinterest consisting of outfit ideas that I think will be suitable for the season and for me. I realised that i'm zooming in onto a more defined style. I guess that is one of the main goals of the capsule wardrobe. So after much contemplation, I have settled in on mostly blacks and whites, fabrics consisting of cotton and chiffon for tops, and a variety for the bottoms.

Source: Zara bell sleeve crop top
1. white Mao collar asymmetric blouse
2. white bell sleeve crop blouse
3. white loose crop top
4. black turtleneck crop top
5. white t-shirt
6. black trousers
7. black pelmit skirt
8. black knee-length skirt
9. black bandage skirt
10. black lightweight coat
11. navy longline duster
12. brown trenchcoat
13. black longline cardi
14. loose grey sweater
15. layered gold bar necklace
16. stack rings
17. black oxfords
18. brown maryjanes
19. platform boots
20. black tote bag
21. hw black ripped jeans
22. dark blue jeans
23. grey mom jeans
24. dusty pink crop sweater
25. loose fit black v neck sweater
26. loose fit white v neck sweater
27. black glitter flats
28. white grid bag
29. black off shoulder top
30. black cami dress
31. grey chiffon scarf
32. black dress heels
33. black camisole


And there you have it! We'll see how this works out over the next couple of weeks... I hope I won't wake up in the morning and say that I've nothing to wear. Let me know what you guys think!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Quote of the Day

"The mind is everything. What you think, you become." -Buddha

Meet The Author

photo
twenty-one year old tea/coffee enthusiast
with a passion for cats and fashion